Heinrich Tessenow’s Festival Theatre is seen as leading the way for modern architecture. Take a tour of the Jaques-Dalcroze Institute of Education for Rhythmic Gymnastics, founded in 1911, and discover fascinating details about the architecture and chequered history of Hellerau Festival Theatre, a place which has attracted artists and architects from all over Europe, including Le Corbusier, Kafka, Kokoschka, Nolde, Poelzig, Rachmaninoff and Mary Wigman. Today, HELLERAU - the European Center for the Arts Dresden follows up with the splendid period of the house from 1911 to 1914 and, once again, became one of the most important centers of contemporary art in Germany and Europe.
The Saxon Werkbund craftsmen’s association joins up with the European Arts Centre, Hellerau, to organise tours of the Festival Theatre:
Regular Guided Tours
• weekly tour every Friday, 2 p.m. in German language
(on holidays only after advanced booking)
• third Sunday of the month, 11 a.m.
• For regular tours registration is not necessary.
• Price: € 4 / concessions € 3
• For tours in English language or exclusive tours for groups of 15 or more people, please contact in advance: email@example.com
Guided Tours through the Garden City of Hellerau
• duration ca. 1 1/2 to 2 hours
• For groups of 10 or more people, please contact in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
• prices: 10 €/Prs., concessions 7 €/Prs. up to 15 persons, any further person 5 €, weekend fee 20 €, guided tour in Englische language 25 €
For tours in English language or exclusive tours for groups of 15 or more people, please contact in advance: